Blk 15 Bedok Reservoir View
#08-03 Singapore 478933
91256180
a0084073@nus.edu.sg
08 September 2012
QIAGEN Singapore
8 Commonwealth Lane
Singapore 149555
Dear Sir/Mdm,
I am interested in the Internship for Sciences Students offered in your online advertisement.
As a science student interested in working in the pharmaceutical industry, I jumped at this opportunity immediately when I saw the advertisement, especially since I knew that QIAGEN is a well established, world-leading provider for innovative sample and assay technologies that is used so frequently in school laboratories. My experience as a year 2 life sciences student specialising in biomedical science has given me ample opportunity to do experiments involving DNA and RNA extraction, protein assays, gel electrophoresis and PCR. Thus I know that I will be familiar with the toolkits produced by QIAGEN.
In addition, my past work experience as a receptionist and dental surgery assistant has equipped me with organisational skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office by patient records filing. I was able to pick up the use of dental instruments quickly and also gained excellent customer management skills while dealing with client requests over the counter.
Furthermore, my participation in my college’s Mentorship Program mentoring China students has caused me to develop good interpersonal skills as well as hone my Chinese speaking and writing skills.
Even as I feel that my skills will suit the responsibilities of this internship, I am very eager and willing to learn even more from this experience. I believe that I would succeed in the company’s exciting and motivated environment and that my strong work ethic, ability, and passion would make me a valuable asset to your company.
I am able to start work in December 2012 and am able to commit for 5 months. If you wish to speak with me or schedule an interview, please contact me at 9XXXXXXX.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
As a science student interested in working in the pharmaceutical industry, I jumped at this opportunity immediately when I saw the advertisement, especially since I knew that QIAGEN is a well established, world-leading provider for innovative sample and assay technologies that is used so frequently in school laboratories. My experience as a year 2 life sciences student specialising in biomedical science has given me ample opportunity to do experiments involving DNA and RNA extraction, protein assays, gel electrophoresis and PCR. Thus I know that I will be familiar with the toolkits produced by QIAGEN.
In addition, my past work experience as a receptionist and dental surgery assistant has equipped me with organisational skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office by patient records filing. I was able to pick up the use of dental instruments quickly and also gained excellent customer management skills while dealing with client requests over the counter.
Furthermore, my participation in my college’s Mentorship Program mentoring China students has caused me to develop good interpersonal skills as well as hone my Chinese speaking and writing skills.
Even as I feel that my skills will suit the responsibilities of this internship, I am very eager and willing to learn even more from this experience. I believe that I would succeed in the company’s exciting and motivated environment and that my strong work ethic, ability, and passion would make me a valuable asset to your company.
I am able to start work in December 2012 and am able to commit for 5 months. If you wish to speak with me or schedule an interview, please contact me at 9XXXXXXX.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Low Liwen Isabel
2 comments:
That last bit about "Even as I feel that my skills will suit the responsibilities of this internship",
I feel a bit odd...cause its like your stating that u alrdy have dem skills, giving the impression that their program is just a thing that only sort of helps you...
I'd say word it differently...maybe like "I believe I can handle this internship very well and would learn a lot from it"...something like that?
Hey,Isabel! Hongwei here! I think the first para does not express your enough committee and passion for this intern.
Maybe you could word it like:
"I sincerely hope that you will consider me for the position of"
Post a Comment